Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Fork in the Road

My time off is coming to an end.  It has been great, but it's time to get back to work and life on the road.  Hopefully I will make the transition smoothly again.  I realize though that the sleeping in I've been used to will be scarce.
I've enjoyed the time off with family and friends.  My brother will be going back to college all by himself.  I will miss him, we had the opportunity to spend lots of quality time together.  Of course we also acted like brothers do and fought with each other whenever possible.  It makes me smile.  He really enjoyed being back home and made the most of it.

So far nothing I've wrote had to do with a fork or a road, so I will get to that.

I knew at the end of college I would be traveling with the ministry, so I didn't worry much about what my next step would be.  I knew that I would not be making the big step into the business world quite yet.  That time will come soon.  Looking a little farther ahead though I was unclear on what would happen next.  I was trusting the Lord to guide and direct my path which he did.  He is always faithful.  The time is approaching when I will have to make some decisions on whether to go back to school and work full or part time.  Another opportunity to trust fully in the King of the Universe.  I still am not totally sure what I would like to do, sometimes I think he doesn't even matter what I would like, what about Jesus.  However, I do see myself involved in Christian ministry somehow in the future.  To what capacity, I'm not sure?  

So the good news is that I have submitted my application and other needed information to two seminaries that I would like to attend starting this summer.  The internship will be over by then.  One is Dallas Theological Seminary downtown and the other is a little farther out in Fort Worth.  It is Southwestern Baptist Theological.  Both are great schools so I'm hoping that I get accepted into only one so it makes the decision a little easier.  Right now I will wait and see what their decisions will be and then step out in faith into the next exciting chapter of my life.

So that is the fork that I see off in the distance.  Not a life-threatening decision, but a big one indeed that it will have on the finances.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.
Proverbs 16:9

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like you are all grown up those decisions seem tough but the Lord will guide you. Enjoy this time for it will not come again, live every day like it was your last and you won't waist you life.

Pastor Beau said...

DTS is the only way to go. I will be hoping and praying that you attend seminary with me and the rest of the big boys... :)