Sunday, August 19, 2007

The wheels on the bus...


The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round. That childhood song now becomes a reality more than ever. The nine month journey ahead will be a crazy adventure. I'm looking foward to with much excitement and anticipation. Nine months will be spent hopping around the U.S. on planes, a large bus, and a mini-van.

Most of the travel will be spent on the large touring bus. It will be are main mode of transportation. However, it's not just any ordinary touring bus. It's packed out with some sweet amenities including my bunk bed, where I will sleep while we travel long hours. When you enter the bus, you arrive at the bus drivers seat. Hugh is the driver and later I will introduce him to you. He is a funny character. From front to back there is a small couch area followed by a little kitchen area. This area stays pretty messy. I failed to mention there are six other gentlemen traveling on the bus with me. You will meet them later, indirectly of course. After the kitchen, you have a small restroom and six bunks, three stacked on each side. I'm looking foward to taking trips to the toilet in the middle of the night, going 70 mph down the highways of America. I've heard it's something you have to experience. Then in the very back Josh has a small bedroom/cell which is packed full with who knows what. Hopefully, that paints a good mental picture of what the bus consists of.

Upon arrival to our destination, we will always check into a hotel. Remember, I didn't say there was a shower on the bus. In college, sometimes I went days without showering. Remember now, I was studying and working very hard to complete my degree. There is no time for showers. I don't tell many people that. I wonder if not having any dates during college had something to do with that.

Grace and peace from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Preach it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got an account so I can post to your blog. It's not much to look at now but I'll put in some time and effort soon. I pray the grace of the Lord be with you.

Pastor Beau said...

dude. Not showering? We'll see what McDowell says about that. Wait a minute? Doesn't he own some hambuger franchise? McDowell's hamburgers? With the "Big Mic" instead of the Big Mac? Oh wait... never mind. That was from "Coming to America." And that guy was black. Josh isn't black. At least, he doesn't LOOK black. Anyway. Not showering would be very stinky. And I'm sure Josh wouldn't like that. So shower!