Thursday, August 2, 2007

Near the End

Last night I was in the kitchen eating some cookies that I baked. I didn't bake them all by myself, I had some help. Anyways, usually when I get to enjoy some good food, I like to entertain deep thoughts. So last night I started to realize that I pretty much had a week of school left. I stood there and thought, okay, right now I should feel very excited, but the feelings did not flood my being. I'm not really sure why I did not experience those feeling at that time.

It's almost that I assume school in an academic sense will never end, because it hasn't for 18 years. It's a major part of my life. I start to think, well what am I supposed to do now? When students around me every where are frantically are throwing together resumes and looking for a job. Right now I am not in that position and I am so thankful. Jesus has given me comfort and contentment in my present situation.

I'm sure that later, realizing that I have finished school will sink in when I'm sitting at home bored out of my mind. Right now I can just look back and see God working in merciful ways. I ask myself, really, how did I get through all that. All glory be to God and his grace that flows in abundance. There is no way that I could ever finish school on my own. There is no way. It was all Christ and his purpose. I love the verse that is so true and has really been so evident in the last four years at college.

Jesus says, "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

Preach It with passion.

No comments: