Sunday, February 17, 2008

Home and Gone Again

At the moment, I’m in Florida. In my last blog I said that I was on my way home. Well, I made it and it went by really fast. I was home for only a week, but it was a great time. I can't even remember what I did on some days. I got to hang out with the family except my brother who will be home soon. The whole week I was anticipating what the weekend was going to be like at the Passion conference.
I attended the conference last year in Atlanta and it was amazing. I can’t really compare the two because they were done in two different ways and were awesome in their own way. The events took place over Friday and Saturday in Dallas. I was excited about joining the body of Christ, mostly college students, in times of worship and prayer. Add to that great teaching from two honest and real men of God who have a passion for Jesus. They shared their heart and purpose for the conference not to be just another Christian huddle, but a movement to change the world and exalt the renown and fame of Jesus.
So young men and women joined together from around the southern United States to seek God and make his name known to all the college campuses represented there at the conference. The worship was amazing and the teaching challenging. It really made me think which I love to do. It was thrilling to worship without shame and with all your strength among the 6000 students. A lot of things were brought to the table to chew on and they will take awhile to sink in. Francis Chan talked about the Holy Spirit and the power that really indwells us as Christians. The heartbeat of the place was a passion for Jesus and to see his kingdom spread throughout the earth. They encouraged us to think big and believe God for great things that are possible with only him. However with that admonition, they added that God looks for people who are faithful with the small things in life. Some big things may seem small, like taking care of orphans or trusting God to redeem your family, but they can grow into something larger. God wants to use his people to reach this broken world.
Will I step up, will you? Peace and Love
http://www.268generation.com/
P.S. miss you Chris (if you read this)


3 comments:

Pastor Beau said...

Good stuff. Wish I could have been at the conference. Heard it was good. Do you miss me too (by the way?)

Miss ya man let's go shoot some skeet when you get back

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for telling me about this conference it was worth it my friend. I'm glad I got to experience it with you. I can't wait for the next one. When is Paul Washer going to have a conference? Sign me up.

evan said...

i read it