Friday, February 8, 2008

Almost Home

Here are some more pictures that I have gathered the last couple of days.


I would like to write something awesome, but my mind is not in any condition to do so. Even though the last couple days have been relaxing on the Santa Barbara beach in California, I am mentally drained. I have one more stop to go tomorrow in Chicago then on my way home Sunday. It will be great to be back.

It has been tough being gone for so long. It’s been tough not being a part of a solid church body on a consistent basis. As Christians we should never try to do things alone. God has been showing me that. The body must function as a whole gathering in the straying individuals around them with open, loving arms.

I did find out the other day that I was accepted into Dallas Theological Seminary, so that was exciting. I am still waiting to here back from Southwestern in Fort Worth, then I will make a decision on where I will be starting school in the summer. Praise the Lord for that.

Love
Jaret

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jaret - you old pooh beef - congrats on getting accepted to DTS. I took a break from studying and read a bunch of your posts. It was encouraging to see your heart and realize what a great friend I had. I can't wait to see you next week. Oooh - I've been putting on some weight so I can maybe throw you around a little.

Jake

Pastor Beau said...

D...T...S... D....T....S...

You know where you're supposed to be home-slice. Don't even bring that Arminian crap up on in here...

Anonymous said...

nice pics man, I can't wait to have you home again for a bit. ask Beau if he knows what a tulip is? Lets play frisbee golf. See ya tomorrow

Anonymous said...

YOU'RE COMING HOME??? So exciting! I hope I'll get the chance to see you...what about Saturday night? You busy?