Friday, November 9, 2007

Running with the BIG DOGS

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

Today I boarded a short flight to Charlotte, NC. Tonight I will be attending the national Christian apologetics conference at Calvary church. There will be about 5000 people consisting of pastors, authors, and lay people from around the world. I have been looking forward to this event for some time. I enjoy the study of apologetics and God uses them to draw people to himself and further his kingdom. I am excited about listening and learning from older, wiser men of the faith. There will also be the chance to meet some of the higher profile speakers and authors like Lee Strobel, Chuck Colson and Erwin Lutzer. These are neat men who have been around awhile and love to serve the church. Not sure what things will look like or what exactly will happen. However, it will be a great experience and one that I will remember for my whole life.

This tour is coming to an end and I am getting tired. God is teaching me many things and I hope to come to trust him completely for everything that is coming in the near future.

Beau, let me know again what you think of apologetics. See you soon brother.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude! You are so blessed to get to rub elbow with the great men of God of our generation. Remember when meeting people of high report act like you know, don't be star struck. If you get to meet them pick their brain and ask them all those deep questions you have you may be shocked by their answer.

ps. We need a blog on Tedashi.

Pastor Beau said...

hey man- are you in that picture? I think you rank up there with "great men of God." But that may be biased since I molded you and shaped you into the man you are.

Um, apologetics, eh? I think they have a small place in evangelism, but unlike the modernistic mindset, people now believe that truth is relative, so to me, apologetics has a more and more reduced role. To keep it succinct.

Much love